Locked Myself and Cried: Keemo Paul on 'Mankad' Backlash - Latest Cricket News | Cricket Update | Cricket Match live

Breaking News

Friday 29 March 2019

Locked Myself and Cried: Keemo Paul on 'Mankad' Backlash


Windies fast bowler Chemo Paul came in under-19 World 2016, especially when he 'Manked' Zimbabwe's Richard Nagarwa in the last over of an exciting match to keep his side in knockout.

Went to win the West Indies tournament, Paul later added it to the senior team and now also has an IPL contract with Delhi Capitol. However, the backlash they received, was mainly from former players on social media, after the dismissal, impressed them so much that they are unlikely to repeat the dismissal mode in the future.


"First, it was definitely tough," Paul told ESPNcricinfo "I have closed myself, I saw it on BBC, I read a lot of comments on the social media, I took it very hard, I cried a lot and wondered if I did the right thing but my coaching staff and Everyone supported me. " very good.

"When I did this, after seeing all the comments, I was definitely devastated when you knew. But later coaches supported me very much, especially Corey Collymore, they came to me and said that It is not in the rules and you do not have to worry 'Don'. Then I have started to regain confidence. After reading all the comments and stuff, I just remove myself Defense wanted and forgot about it. "

Paul insisted that he was right to run the non-striker out, but the fear of criticism makes it difficult for him to do it again.

"Certainly I believed that what I did was right.I was only 17 years old, I became hard on myself, wondering if I am the right thing, it was just natural, now I am more mature It's done and I do not think I'll probably do it again, "she said.

"When I did this, there was definitely a lot of doubt and I got a lot of stick for it and like I said, I saw some players whom I saw (criticizing me). There are rules, we do not write. " We follow the rules.

"I would say that it is a fear of criticism, I have got a lot for this, I will probably not do that, criticism and harsh remarks, they are not right, but again, in my heart, I definitely believe in the right. What is the game today and due to criticism you are difficult, so I am in trouble. I will not do it again. "

The method of dismissal once again came from R. Kings of Kings XI Punjab. Ashwin is after Rajasthan Royals batsman Jos Buttler, in his first IPL game in the first week. Paul said that if a player like Ashwin supports his action he can get more confidence and confidence.

"I mean that if he returns it, it will definitely convince me," he said. "Ashwin is a senior player, many people see him, he will not go out of the rules, he will be within the rules, it will definitely give you confidence and confidence."

Pages