IPL 2019 | I’ll be First One to Hang My Boots When Time Comes: Yuvraj - Latest Cricket News | Cricket Update | Cricket Match live

Breaking News

Monday 25 March 2019

IPL 2019 | I’ll be First One to Hang My Boots When Time Comes: Yuvraj

IPL 2019 | I’ll be First One to Hang My Boots When Time Comes: Yuvraj

At the age of 37, very few people had expected that Yuvraj Singh would be interested in teams in the IPL 12 auction, before Mumbai Indians gave them a very important lifeline by bringing them on the board in INR 1 crore. The belief that Punjab's batsmen showed in Mumbai was partially redeemed when experienced in the IPL-12 tie against Delhi Capitals scored 53 runs in 35 balls.

Although Yuvraj's innings failed to keep his side for the win, his first performance for Mumbai Indians showed that the fire to perform was still burning.

"The last two years are up and down (for me). And I could not decide what to do, "Yuvraj, who was the top scorer in Mumbai's 37-run defeat, told the media Sunday night.

IPL 2019 | I’ll be First One to Hang My Boots When Time Comes: Yuvraj

"I am also talking to Sachin (Tendulkar) and he has passed from when he was 37-38-39 (and how he felt). Talking to him makes things easier for me. I am playing just because I love playing cricket very much.

Yuvraj was released by Kings XI Punjab after just 65 runs in six innings in 2018 last year. It was also his first IPL half-century after making 70 runs against the Delhi franchise in the 2017 season.

The south-west of Punjab is still not ready for its cricketing career. The 37-year-old said, "When the time comes, I will be the first to hang my shoes."

"The main thing for me was that when I started, why did I play the game. I played the game because I enjoyed playing cricket. When I enjoyed playing cricket, I was not playing for India. I was playing for Under-14 and Under-16. So till I enjoy playing cricket, I am going to play.

Kings XI Punjab, Pune Warriors, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils and Sunrisers Hyderabad are the sixth IPL team of Mumbai Yuvraj. He was pleased to start a new journey with his fifty under his belt.

He said, 'I decided to take my time out from there, the wickets were falling around me. If I took a quick chance, then we were going to end soon. I'm happy with the way I hit the ball. The most important game to win, we will learn from mistakes, "Yuvraj said about his knock on Sunday.

Yuvraj, who has so far scored 2705 runs in 129 IPL matches with 13 fifties and a strike rate of 130, was delighted to bat for the important number 4 position for MI.

He said, 'I have batted at No. 4 in the last 6-7 years of my career. I have been playing for a long time, so they (MI) know what responsibility I have to give. It went well today, hopefully the runs will be good if I can win the game for the team, "he said.

MI batsman felt that it was a b 180-190 'track in Wankhede and the total of 213 matches of Delhi capitals was total.

"Rohit (Sharma) was quick to lose and the way (Quinton) was going to Deeq but was dismissed, and then Pollard too got out, we could not find any partnership. It was 180-190 in the wicket. There was a winning score of 213 matches, Delhi got a good bowling attack, "he said.

Yuvraj Saha was also eligible for the South Padam Rishabh Pant, who scored 78 runs in 27 balls with seven sixes and seven fours.

"I can not comment on selection (World Cup), but Rishabh was outstanding, he had a fantastic season even last year, he is playing well in the Test matches, he has scored two centuries in overseas which reflects his talent. It is important that we prepare it well, hopefully it will be the next big thing for us.

Yuvraj, the young Jammu and Kashmir fast bowler Rashid Salam, who made his debut for MI at the age of 17, said, "The day he came in the net, everyone was really impressed by him, the way he swim The ball which he had shown, the confidence he has shown, is the reason that people decided to play him. He rotates the ball and hits for 6 and 4 in the last two balls, but if you Ekte that he has bowled well actually my first game. He's going to be really special for the next 2-3 years. 

Pages